Old
10-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Hockey Night Live?...

OK, EXPERTS other then Rangers, Islanders, and Devils employees are saying the Lightning are a darkhorse, the Canes are a darkhorse, and the rest of the teams I mentioned are either on par or better then we are.

I believe in this team, too, and am generally an optimist, but really, use logic and reason. Try to be a realist.

The Rangers are the 4th best team in their own division.
I don't think either the Flyers or the Devils have significantly better rosters than the Rangers. It's all a matter of whether or not this team under-performs again. Last year, too many forwards performed below expectations. I mean seriously, Kotalik was a 20+ goal scorer for 4 of the previous 6 seasons and even in the other two he scored at least 15. Last year he scored 11 between the Rangers and Flames. Whatever you thought of his contract, no one realistically expected him to be as bad as he was. Drury was coming off 4 straight seasons of 20+ goals (9/10 seasons as well) and 10 straight seasons of 40+ points. There is no excusable reason as to why the team did not make the playoffs last year. One more goal for either player during any one goal game means that the team makes the playoffs instead of one of the two conference finalists.

The Devils overachieved and although I think their roster might be slightly better on paper this year, they're still going to have to overachieve to compete for the division. I actually think the Flyers are worse on paper than they were last year.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote