View Single Post
Old
10-02-2010, 03:55 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
I'm not happy at all about paying the third pairing that much either. I was just saying that last year we ended up with crap as a third pairing and if we would have lost anyone in the top 4 due to injury we would have been screwed and probably wouldn't have made it out of the first round in the playoffs. With getting O'donnell and Mezzz we have a great 3 pairing D. And we have a player that will move up to the 1st or 2nd line depending on injuries and this team will not miss much of a beat (unless its Pronger or Kimmo getting injured)
Yea, a great 3rd pairing IF Mez and O'Donnell can get their **** straight. O'Donnell isnt that bad and a good signing and being honest, I would like Mez for alot less money. But for the way he has played the past 2 seasons, on yes, I know a ****** team, he doesnt deserve the money he gets. Being honest, I dont trust either one of them on the top 4 if one of our guys gets hurt for a long period of time. Mezz showed he could not take the pressure (he was young, only 22 at the time but still) and OD is reallllyyy old and pretty slow. He doesnt f up the passes which is nice, but he isnt going to be able to take top 4 minutes.

I just think there were cheaper guys out there who could be fine. It goes to show Homer really doesnt have trust in the farm. Now guys who might deserve some NHL time (Gustaffson, and maybe Bourdon) wont get to play no matter how well they play. Its Homer covering his own ass.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote