View Single Post
Old
10-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
What I think would happen is what my post was before. I 100% dont think Carcillo should be in top 9. Its unfair to put him there when he has had a terrible terribleee preseason and some say he is in pain due to his surgury or whatever. Sorry not trusting a guy who is in pain to play in our top 9 where we expect him to atleast keep up with his teammates, if not do something offensively for the team. He killed his linemates last night and the other games. Then switch Holmstrom to center with Giroux on wing. Holmstrom is decent enough offensively to play with them while bringing the defensive side that Zherdev and even Giroux dont have as much of.

Personally, I still think Guerin will be signed (hope not but just have this feeling... plus the whole Meet the Flyers thing). Then it will look like:

JVR-Richards-Carter
Leino-Briere-Hartnell
Zherdev-Giroux-Guerin
Shelly-Betts-Powe
He has been bad the whole pre-season. I just rewatched the game and i thought he had a decent game last night. He made very good passes and didn't turn the puck over. Made some good hits. So think your assessment on him playing terrible last night was pretty wrong.

Guerin making this team would make me sick. He would kill the Giroux and Zherdev line worst then Carcillo ever would because Billy cannot keep up in the play with those two. I think we are going to see mixing and matching a lot because there is just too much skill in the top 9 to have set lines. Lavy will be looking to see who has it with who. I think its a given that the Leino-Briere-Hartnell line is together opening night based off of the chemistry from the playoffs.

Homlstrom would probably be pretty good. I think his crash and bang high energy style could be pretty good for that line. Slap a couple rebounds in.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote