Thread: The Province: Cody Hodgson Discussion
View Single Post
Old
10-02-2010, 09:52 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
So you're suggesting we carry only one extra forward when there are twice as many forward spots as defense slots? The second that two of our forwards go down with injuries, which is guaranteed to happen at some point, we're going to have to get rid of one of our 8 defensemen anyways to call up a forward. Doing it now saves the owner's some money.
Yes I am 100% in favor of keeping 8 NHL level d-men on the NHL roster all season. From listening to Gillis all summer I was convinced that was the direction he was going to go. I guess money got in the way of that.

You only need 1 extra forward. Like others have said we have plenty of forwards to call-up without the risk of losing them on waivers. If we have two forwards go down with injuries odds are one will be 10 games or longer. If it's a game or two I'd rather just dress 7 d-men and save the more valuable asset.

Everyone is just assuming this new d-core will stay healthy. i hope they're right but we could be in trouble if we get some fluke injuries.

Last edited by NugentHopkinsfan: 10-02-2010 at 09:58 PM.
NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote