View Single Post
Old
10-03-2010, 12:08 PM
token grinder

vCash: 500
I think many things are at play here:

we over value o'reilly as a fanbase.

we undervalue the troubles that kostitsyn has had in the past, thus we over value him as a fan base.

we overvalue aaron johnson becuase some fans at hf boards said he was good. but the fact remains-no one wanted him, not even teams like the oilers and flames. and odn't tell me he was biding his time. after the first week or two in july, guys will take almost any deal if they are fringe players. and johnson is that. a fringe player. it isn't about contracts and which way a player can go. sulzer is better and younger than johnson. i think people forget how high everyone was on this kid when he had his first cup of coffee with the preds. injuries, hurt him. plain and simple. and as much as he lost his job to injury, bouillon being better than expected and franson's role on our pathetic play kept him in the lineup, as sulzer isn't a pp guy.

poile knew what he was doing in getting parent back. remember this guy was traded for peter fresking forsberg as the centerpiece of the deal. his knock is injuries. guy is made of glass. when healthy, he is a top 4 talent. when healthy.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote