View Single Post
Old
10-04-2010, 10:09 AM
msv957

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Obsession View Post
I fully believe Derek Stepan is better than most of our fowards not named Gaborik or Frolov already. Which goes to show you how little top 6 fowards we have had over the years, and our failure to draft any in the last 10 years that have cracked the lineup.

Derek Stepan has more creativity already in making plays in his pinky than Dubinsky could ever hope for, and already has shown more HOCKEY SENSE.

Dubinsky in an ideal situation would be a 3rd line center at best. I don't think he's a top 6 foward, and will never be one.

I love Dubsinky, but some of you severely overrate players like Dubinsky.
Until Stepan produces at a good margin at the NHL level or even at the AHL level, I have to say that Dubinsky is the better player right now than Stepan. I think you are underrating Dubinsky. He can get 50-60 points on a top 6 line. If he played on the first line with Gaborik he would get over 60 points..

I do agree that Stepan has looked good in pre-season but so has so many other prospects in the past looked good in pre-season... The regular season is a lot different than the pre-season. Stepan looks to be just about NHL ready.. Perhaps dominating in the AHL would be the best thing for his development. It is rare for a 20/21 year old to start as the first line center and play well for an 82 game NHL season....

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote