View Single Post
Old
10-04-2010, 12:14 PM
ThirdEye

vCash: 500
I have no confidence in Dubinsky centering the top line. Based on what I've read (don't know if it's true or not), Dubinsky has a pretty big ego. That's alright sometimes - when your skills actually match up to it. His don't

He is not talentless, but he doesn't see the game the same way as top players. He just doesn't have much hockey sense. Frolov and Gaborik are much smarter players than him

I don't think Anisimov belongs there either, but they could give it a shot I guess. I'm pretty sure they tried him with Gaborik several times last season and it didn't work out. I think Anisimov is mentally and physically a little too slow to play with Gaborik who is a very heady player. I'm sure it's not going to end in disaster, but I just don't think Anisimov is the right person to play with Gabby. On the other hand, I think he might work well with Frolov, but the you will have to take him off the top line or force Anisimov unto the first

Honestly, I think Stepan is the only player who has the capacity to play with those two guys and Tortorella knows it, but he is probably weighing the pros and cons right now of giving a 20 year old with just about no pro experience one of the most important positions in the NHL.

Guess we'll have to wait and see I guess. But again, Dubinsky hasn't had a very good preseason and imo needs to show us a lot more if he expects the coach to even consider putting him there. My view is that he should be kept at LW permanently

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote