Thread: Confirmed with Link: Fedotenko Signs (1yr / $1MM)
View Single Post
Old
10-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Wow, we were totally having the same conversations about VP a year ago...lol

Feds and AA looked good together IMO. The signing is good to me just to help mentor and develop the youngster.
Specifically you and me? I wouldn't be surprised. I don't exactly make it a secret I'm a Tampa Bay fan, and I'm quick to defend players from back when they won the Stanley Cup. Prospal and Fedotenko were 2 specific players I had as favorites. I find it so weird Torts, Prospal, and now Fedotenko are all on my favorite team.

EDIT: And I was right, wasn't I? The Prospal signing went well and here he is in Year 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
So what explains last year, considering elite talent on a Pens' team around him... cup hangover?
Players have off years. It happens. Fedotenko looked out of shape last year, too. His skating looked really bad, and just seemed out of place most of the time. In camp, his speed looked like it improved from last year. He could have just had some old age working on him, and now he's training harder to keep up with the speed of the game. Skating is one of the most easily improved traits for a hockey player, and also a very important one.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote