View Single Post
Old
05-02-2005, 12:42 AM
bmoak

vCash: 500
On to the players....

Take this for what it's worth as I've only seen 7-8 Pack games this year.

FORWARDS

Moore: Improved from last year but still expected more, especially since he was the de facto #1 center. And that may be part of the problem. I see Moore as the classic tweener: niehter a nd nor a 3rd line NHL center. He plays well both ways and carried the team on his back the first two months or so. However, once teams began keying on him and his line, his production dropped off as he lacks the attributes (creativity, extra gear, and/or strength) to produce at a high level matched up against top-pair D and shutdown centers. He's certainly had a rockey relationship with McGill at times....

Balej: Alternated between hot and ice-cold in a disappointing season. Since Hmailton and Hartford play different styles, I was expecting him to perhaps produce a little less than last season. Even while slumping, he generates shots and opportunities. i think part of the prblem is mental since when I saw him play in the midst of one of his barren stretches he was pressing and looked tight around the net. Part of the problem may be chemistry, as he didn''t seem to click with any of the Pack centers I saw him play with (anyone remember who he played wiith in the playoffs last year?)

Giroux: Rooster's improved every year since turning pro (and I'e watched him play in Binghamton) but has really turned the corner this year. Improved his consistnecy, physical play, and play around the net. Has gone from from fringe guy to likely Ranger next season. Matbe could be a little quicker.

Wiseman: Stepped way back from his career best year of 2003-4. The loss of 20 games due to a concussion didn't help. He hasn't been the same player since coming back.