View Single Post
Old
10-04-2010, 11:41 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
This reminds me of what a few people here said last offseason, that they just didn't like the team or the roster. It didn't inspire anything in them or get them excited.

I really don't understand that kind of thinking.

I mean people here may still be bummed out about Nodl making the team (not me of course) or Gagne being traded, but there's still a lot to look forward to.

I don't think we've had this devastating amount of talent offensively in a while.

I'm pretty sure that we've never iced this incredible a blueline.

Bobrovsky looks awesome at first look.

Guerin is gone for good.

Seriously, there's nothing to be depressed over. There's very little to fight over as well. That's why we're here fighting over Nodl vs. Carcillo vs. Powe when really all three will look okay, none will look great, and we're just arguing in circles.
I always liked Nodl so perfectly fine with him making the team. I hated the Gagne trade and still do, but he is gone, I am not going to dwell on it.

I dont like Zherdev....I dont like Carter on the wing with Richards....I dont like paying 1.7 million for a dman that doesnt belong in the NHL (unless of course he gets waived when Pronger is ready)

I have ZERO confidence in Michael Leighton....Bobrovsky could alleviate that, there have certainly been a lot of young goalies make noise the last few years but that remains to be seen.

We are counting on Leino to be what he was in the playoffs, and replace Gagne...coming off surgery.

We need a MAJOR bounceback year from Hartnell.

Lappy is a big piece of this team on an emotional level, and I wonder if he is even going to be able to come back.

We still cant win faceoffs....and I think the forward have taken a HUGE hit defensively

Defense is a postive and Lavi is a positive, but it doesnt outweigh my concerns, at least not yet.

Whether you agree or not, is that enough "thinking" for you????

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote