View Single Post
Old
10-05-2010, 10:26 AM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Sochi. That is Zherdev's motivation. And the fact he spent the summer practicing with Ovechkin et al shows it. He didn't get picked for the last Olympics and he needs to step up and be recognized as one of the best young Russian team players if he wants a) a big NHL contract for his lovely new bride and b) a shot at the Olympics.

As long as Zherdev keep scoring and plays some D, he'll be great. He's always mixed it up a bit and will backcheck. I think Lavy will keep him on RW to avoid having him take the boards in the left wing lock, but other than that, I don't see any downside. Esp. if Bobrovsky is going to be around for a bit, it will help both of them to have a fellow Russian speaker around.
Hey, it may work...he wouldnt be the first to mature after several years. Lets hope so!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Nobody is shaken up that Nodl is on the team, because really hes better than Guerin and around the same as the other kids.

Its just that we dont get all excited about seeing a player with 1 goal in 50 games making our team. I dont "hate" Nodl, but overhyping him just makes me dislike him even more
Who is overhyping him???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
We need to enjoy this lineup this year because we have a zero percent chance to have the same talent next year. There is no way we can resign all of these guys so lets enjoy the stacked team while we have it.
Which is why I didnt like having Meszaros at first, although I do like him as a player....Carle and Walker better be gone next year though.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote