View Single Post
Old
10-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Flyskippy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Boo-friggin'-hoo. You can be a fan of the team, support the team, buy the tickets, but when the product on the ice does not live up to the expectation that has been set "fans" will be upset.

I have lived the roller coaster that is known as a Philly Phan, and guess what when expectations are set and a team comes out and plays like crap like most of last season I will be pissed off and I will boo when I see lack of effort, and I will call out players for being sorry sacks for not working hard every shift. They get paid good money to do what they do, if you are paying the money and thay are not putting out the effort you should be pissed too.

And one more thing, Howard Eskin and the WIP crew, that is their schtick, it is to get people to call(not that he ever talks hockey) and there are no beat writers who can actually provide an insightful article, so I am unsure where you are getting all this "negative". Well, guess what, 35+ years of promises and heartaches, but look what happens when the Phils win a World Series, people are 2 million strong to support their team. It is why Philly is a tough sports town, if nothing other than hard work and a blue collar mentality it expects teams to win, especially the Flyers and Eagles.
Meh.

Flyskippy is offline   Reply With Quote