View Single Post
Old
10-05-2010, 12:06 PM
CerpinTaxt

vCash: 500
double post, sorry. Found an article on Gustafsson, which mentions most of the Phantom's D core as well.

Quote:
Bill Meltzer wrote, “According to Derian Hatcher, it’s ‘no contest’ that Erik Gustafsson is the most skilled and polished of the defense prospects who attended the rookie camp earlier in the week.” Do you agree? What is your impression of Erik Gustafsson?

I didn’t get in to town until after the rookie camp, but I’m not surprised that Meltzer thought that. The first word I think of with Gustafsson is poised. When he got to Adirondack last season, he immediately reminded me of Danny Syvret, who he played on the power play with. I don’t mean Gustafsson projects out to be Danny Syvret, but that he was already at that level on his first day. And Syvret is a really good AHL player.

Gustafsson just always seemed to make the right play with the puck. At the AHL level, you see a lot of panic moves from rookies, even guys as highly thought of as Kevin Marshall and Marc-Andre Bourdon. Gustafsson was solid from Day 1. He always had his head up and looked like he had an idea of what to do with the puck before it ever got to him.
http://flyersfaithful.com/2010/10/05...ik-gustafsson/

Last edited by GKJ: 10-05-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: copyright