View Single Post
Old
10-05-2010, 03:31 PM
MrJoshua

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
At first glance, I was ticked off at this deal. But since, I am ok with it.

1) SOB is in the last year of his contract. We needed the flexibility and Parent is an RFA, which more than likely held blum and ellis and josi back even more. Combine this with the cubes being up in 2 years and kleins in three, you can see the contracts stacking up nicely behind weber and suter.

2)We all said we needed another vet back there. He is from the 03 draft. You know that one with weber suter and klein. So he has more experience than parent, and is a bit bigger

3) we all wondered how we were gonna have toughness and a guy to step in if need be with belak only playing vs the blues and jackets and tootoo more than likely being a 12/13 forward. Now we don't have to worry about it. We know the guy is tough. We know the guy will fight.

4) he had 79 PIMS last year in 65 games. So about a penalty every other game. I can live with that. Him being back there also means weber doesn't have to be the guy on the ice constantly policing as well.

Basically, He is Greg Devries with a bit of toughness. Slow, knows his role, knows where he is supposed to be on the ice. He should compliment Franson on the third pair and allow Franson to try and make more plays in the offensive zone.
If that's how this works out I'm fine with it.

MrJoshua is online now   Reply With Quote