View Single Post
Old
10-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

vCash: 500
Fischler hates the Rangers.

He touts them now because he's finally working for them but Fischler has been a Ranger hater for years. He grew up as a Ranger fan and desperately wanted to work for the Rangers as a broadcaster in the 1960's and 1970's but the Rangers had the good sense to tell him to get lost.

The islanders picked his ugly ass up in the 1970's and he was in love with them. When the islanders went south he adopted the devils - and lovingly calls them 'the devs' because he's an anti-Ranger front runner. The current situation with MSG where the hockey coverage has merged has finally given him a chance to be associated with the Rangers. He can't show his true feelings because Ranger fans would kill him.

This is not idle gossip. I knew Fischler's best friend for years. He published some of Fischler's books which I always was given free copies of. He helped this friend's son get a job as a hockey writer straight out of school. I never let Fischler forget that I know he hates the Rangers so if he's around the Garden it's always good for a fight.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote