View Single Post
Old
10-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Led Zappa
Oy vey...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Actually, since Leach went through waivers to go down, he should be able to come up without going through waivers again. His contract at the AHL level does not trip any sort of re-entry waivers that I know of. Leach should then be able to stay at the NHL for something like 30 days or X number of games before he has to go through waivers again to go back to the AHL.

As always, I defer to kdb or LS on this question though.
From LS earlier:

And CBA, Article 50.9(g)

Which states in part:
Quote:
The Re-Entry Waiver procedure will not, however, be applicable to Veteran Minor League Players defined as follows: (i) for goaltenders, Players who have: (A) played in 180 or more professional games in North America (NHL, AHL, ECHL), and (B) not spent more than 80 NHL games on the NHL roster over the prior two (2) seasons or more than 40 NHL games on the NHL roster in the immediately prior season; and (ii) for defensemen and forwards, Players who have: (A) played in 320 or more professional games in North America (NHL, AHL, ECHL), and (B) not spent more than not spent more than 80 NHL games on the NHL roster over the prior two (2) seasons or more than 40 NHL games on the NHL roster in the immediately prior season.

So it looks like he is safe if I read that correctly.

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote