View Single Post
Old
05-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Mike1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Shedden had some high points but also some real low ones as well .. Fergy Jr is a very conservative guy and seldom speaks out on issues .. However Shedden calls out players in the media, and I am sure that bothers Fergy..

Shedden's line mixing is something that only he knows ..However in all my years I have never seen a coach style like that before ..

He did take a poor team and took them to the playoffs and that he deserves full credit for, his playoff preparation of his team and its effort seemed quite strange though. The descipline in the playoffs and all the penalties were annoying and not sure why that happened.
I can see your first point being an issue for Ferguson & MLSE. MLSE doesn't seem to like people like Shedden who don't give the standard answers that prevent PR nightmares.Thats why they hire people like JFJ/Rob Babcock(basketball GM for those that don't follow the sport) & fire people like Bill Watters(not the only reason in his case though). I wouldn't be surprised if your first reason is the one that is actually the real reason why Shedden gets fired.

As far as the playoffs go i think one playoff series is way too little of a sample size to know what you are getting from a coach. If this proves to be a consistent trend after a couple of seasons that whenever Shedden's teams make the playoffs they give lackluster effort & are undisciplined then i agree that he should be let go.