View Single Post
Old
10-06-2010, 03:20 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
LL, I think you're letting whatever personal relationship you share with SOB cloud your judgment a bit. Don't get me wrong. I'm liking this trade more today than I did yesterday, but just because you know a guy is one way in private doesn't necessarily mean he'll be that way at his job. I've had to learn that lesson the hard way by referring friends to jobs. With that said, I share the sentiment I've read from a few other posters. I think with the attitude toward celebrity in Nashville he'll have an easier time just being another guy. The media here doesn't often pretend to give a crap about hockey so his ability to run to the media in order to offer up a sexy story where a hockey player is talking poorly of his coaching staff will be limited. Trotz doesn't very often call out players in the newspaper, and when he does it tends to either be a rookie who doesn't play enough defense (Radulov) or a vet who isn't scoring (Legwand, Dumont). As long as SOB plays his role he'll be ok. No one is expecting a top three defender, and no one is expecting goals. Just prevent some scoring chances, limit the penalties to when they are necessary or at least understandable, and try not to get pinned for any sex crimes.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote