View Single Post
Old
10-06-2010, 06:10 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
I don't wanna be that dick who questions people and asks for a source..

but where are you seeing that we open on Oct 7.. and is there any other additional info regarding the schedule.
The Habs' schedule is a tightly-guarded secret. This is at Markov's request. The players are being housed in an underground bunker at the Brossard "Training" Complex, and do not know when or where they will play next.

When the "Go" order is received and confirmed by Brossard Command, an alarm, which sounds like the "arrrwouuuut"! alarm in submarine movies, sends players running to a fleet of Bombardier jump jets, which can have them at any NHL arena in three hours. If the game is at the Bell Centre, the players travel in a fleet of Bombardier buses. This also takes three hours, owing to traffic on the Champlain Bridge.

Of course, every other NHL team and their local media know the entire NHL schedule. However, Habs management is shrewdly aware that their fans' only information sources are the Journal de Montréal, Gazette and Antichambre. Blacking out these three media has effectively stopped all schedule information from entering Quebec.

I'm risking my life telling you this, but yes Habs play October 7.