10-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 500
Leetch Speaks

Talks about the Redden situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot
Q:Wade Redden was sent to the minors. What do you think happened to his game?

A:Iím not sure why Reddenís play slipped compared to his years in Ottawa. But sometimes going to a new team and trying to live up to a contract causes a player to do things differently. That usually ends up with poor results and a loss of confidence, which can be really difficult to overcome. I hope he can find some enjoyment in the game again whether thatís in Hartford or someplace else. From the few times Iíve met him and from what Iíve heard, heís a good guy.
A little bit about what he's been up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot
Q:What have you been doing since you retired?

A:My kids, Jack 10, Riley, 7, and Sean, 5, have kept me very busy. At the end of my career, I would come home from the rink and be so tired I would not be able to be as involved as I would have liked to be. So itís been fun to be able to spend so much time with them and be able to help coach their teams.

Last year I started doing a few Ranger games on MSG ó the pre- and post-game shows and commentary between periods. Iíll do a few games this year as well. Iím also doing a some TV on NESN in Boston.

I watch hockey all the time anyway, so I donít mind talking about it. At some point, as the kids get older, it would be great to get back into hockey in some capacity .
Would hate to see him get involved with Boston, I think they need to find a spot for him in NY such a class act.

Read more:

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...dden/?src=tptw

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote