Thread: OT: YOUR season preview
View Single Post
Old
10-07-2010, 08:36 AM
JaymzB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
I keep seeing the Pens up there in every prediction. I predict they don't make the playoffs this year in spite of Crosby and Malkin.

Fleury is good, not great most of the time. Their defence is ok. Good but not great. But their offence is seriously lacking after Crosby and Malkin. During my hockey draft on Tuesday, out of 196 players chose, 3 were Pens (Crosby and Malkin in the first round and Kunitz in the 11 round). Their two guns are incredible but I'm not sure if they can carry the team once again. And if one of the two goes down, they're done. Staal is out for a couple of months and his filler is Comrie. Ouch!
Actually, since they added Michalek and Martin, I think their defence is excellent. They are weak on the wings, but have the best top 3 centre combo in the league. They play a tough, physical game, that can overpower smaller opponents. Fleury is a hot and cold goalie, but is usually solid enough for 35-40 plus wins. They are in a tough division, and may not win it, but I think they’ll be easily over 100 points.

As for predictions in the east:

1. Washington
2. Pittsburgh
3. Buffalo
4. New Jersey
5. Philly
6. Boston
7. Montreal
8. Ottawa
9. Tampa
10. Atlanta
11. Toronto