Thread: News Article: SI Atlantic Preview
View Single Post
Old
10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
The only players in that group that you mentioned that are the equivalent of where we are hoping the Rangers improve are Tavares and maybe Karlsson. Everyone else will either be playing for the first time in the NHL this year or got a small sniff last year. The Rangers are leaning on improvements from Dubinsky, Anisimov, Staal and Del Zotto. These are all guys with at least a year of experience. There is a HUGE difference between hoping for a natural progression of players within your lineup and hoping for an addition of a rookie to your lineup.

Not that I disagree with their assessment entirely, I'm just saying. Not every team has the youth ALREADY WITH THE CLUB that they're hoping will improve.

All of that being said, this team is going to finish anywhere from 5th to 13th. The Penguins and Caps will be at the top. Two more slots will be filled with teams either overachieving or not underachieving (looking at you Bos, NJ, Phi). The bottom two will be Florida and the Isles. Anyone predicting anything "with confidence" in those other 9 slots is just writing an article.
Yes, I was focusing both on players who have not yet played in the NHL, and players who have. If you want to make a list of young players around the league who teams are hoping will improve and step into bigger roles this year, it would be huge.

EVERY team has young players they are counting on to grow and mature.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote