View Single Post
Old
10-07-2010, 01:18 PM
infidelappel*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Here's how I see it. I do think their looking towards the future. Boosh did everything he was asked to do...but so did Bob. They know and probablly so does Boosh that Boosh wont be back next season. If they can get ATLEAST the same performance out of Bob or better then they would with Boosh, its really a win for the team. It sucks for Boosh, but he really is a career backup. He's gotta be used to it by now. Bob is out future, Boosh isnt. If they feel that Bob is ready to take the reigns now, so be it. It goes to show that they think Bob is the better goalie at the moment (or will give them a better chance). Boosh might have done all he has asked, but the club cant please everyone. You can have 2 goalies start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
I think it's just one of Laviolette's gut calls.....nothing more and nothing less. I'm sure he's taken into account the practices as well and Bob has probably worked real hard. If Boosh is that fragile well I would rather he not start...he's a backup anyway no matter what.
Nobody is debating that Bob isn't the goalie of the future or that Boosh is. Or that Boosh is even the better option right now.

I just think people are being way too hard on Boosh. Firstly, we don't know the full context of that quote and even if he did say something about it, I wouldn't even blame him 100% for being bugged by it.

I mean, he had to be amped up expecting he was going to play tonight given that he had a strong end of the year, did what he was asked, and then started off pretty well in camp and then was more or less told he was going to be starting (we don't know if he ever was behind closed doors, but from the media it seems like he was labeled the #1). To have the start yanked out from under you hours before game time stings pretty bad, no matter how long you've been a backup. It's a pretty big slap in the face, all things considered.

That said, I expect that he's fine and will go right back to soldering on and doing his job as the backup, just like he did all last year. But I'll forgive him the tiniest bit of venting.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote