10-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Boucher got torched by Pitts last year. They know how to beat him

GAA 4.14
SV% .861%

Boucher will likely start St. Louis I would say.
Using stats from last year aren't a very good way to do it considering how badly our regular season went for a very large part of the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkin4Top6Wingerz View Post
I would agree with all of this, but I would also say that the Penguins have had absolutely rotten luck with ownership until Lemieux and co. took over. Arguably the worst in professional sports over that span.

Anyways, this should be a great game and your opening night lineup scares the hell out of me.
Yeah, but most teams go through bad management at some point or another. Look at current teams. Teams like the Panthers and Thrashers have suffered through ****** management throughout practically their entire existence, the Coyotes were being discussed to move, and even some good teams (like us or NYR for instance) suffer from bad management.

Not every team gets rewarded with a starting goalie and two generational talents that can carry a team on their own as compensation for suffering through bad management though. In fact, I can't think of any other team that has ever had that fortune.

Anyways, as for the game, Pronger out is definitely bad. Since Staal and Pronger are out it will be interesting whether our much deeper scoring can now take advantage of a Staal-less lineup and/or whether or not the Pens superstars can take advantage of a rookie goalie behind a defense missing their best d-man.

Even if we lose, at least we'll get a chance to check out Bob though.