Thread: Larry Brooks: Rangers/NHL Preview
View Single Post
Old
10-07-2010, 01:58 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
The Rangers have always done their best when expectations have been the lowest so I really think they may have an underratedly good year this year.

Staal isn't their #1, MDZ is. Scott Stevens never saw a Norris and neither will Staal. I was really worried about a MDZ's sophomore slump, but the school of Robs that he attended and the offseason dedication may really put that away and he may only improve on his numbers. He looked really good in preseason. Overall the defense as a whole is much better than last year. Rozsival looks very good, Sauer looks very good and I think we'll see Vtank very soon. These guys are 22/23 have been playing pro and are ready to take the step.

Stepan has been remarkable, he's excelled at every level. Every challenge he's given, he rises to the top and succeeds. The competition gets better and he gets better, that's a very impressive sign and one you see from a top5 pick, not a 2nd rounder. This kid was the top scorer at the WJC, that's something people expected Taylor Hall to do. While being the top scorer at the WJC he lead team USA to gold in a major upset over Canada, he then went on to lead his college team to the NCAA finals only as a sophomore. Now he's playing in the NHL....He's had a busy year and he only keeps getting better. Let the kid play and let him win Rookie of the year!!!!

Rangers have improved their goaltending and have one of the best tandems in the league. Ottawa, Philly, and Montreal are all teams competing for playoff spots and have big question marks in goal imo. This team's offense has improved and can take advantage of that poor goaltending, it can be the difference in many games.

Toronto, Islanders, Carolina aren't playoff teams.

I think the Debbies might be playing with fire with the Kovy and I'm going to add in Arnott situation. Because Adding in Arnott messed up their cap. Adding in Kovy and Arnott and Langs now maybe not happy, team chemistry might be all messed up and cohesion was there thing. I hope they come apart and crumble!!!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote