Thread: News Article: Leetch Speaks
View Single Post
Old
10-07-2010, 03:16 PM
Rangerfans

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
A defense first system with a counterattack on the turnover. When you don't have a lot of offensive talent I can't think of a better way of making the POs.

I wish we had more options but with the 23 we've got, I don't see what those options are. I'm all for trying out different systems but I don't want to waste 2/3 of the season trying to fit this roster into a system that it can't play successfully like I feel we did last year.
Sounds like the Renney system. I had no problem with Tom Renney as coach, and was pretty disappointed when we got rid of him. But did you see the hatred that this board had for him? You would have thought we went 0-82.

Ranger fans on the HFBoards look at two people for their woes. The coach (Tom Renney was a perfect example...and clearly Torts now) and the GM (which I will not complain about). No one ever says, "You know what...maybe we just don't have a SC caliber team." I never hear that.

This board is filled with: Hatred, negative posts, and constant bombardment about certain people (Torts, Rozy, Drury, etc.), excessive praise about 3rd line players who aren't even on the team anymore (Korpi, Prucha (lol), Dawes), and the absolute overhype of our prospect pool (ie: Grachev).

It's quite comical.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote