View Single Post
Old
10-07-2010, 06:27 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
This team is going to struggle to make the playoffs IMO. We lack a true #1C and consistent secondary scoring which to me leads to the bigger issue...our D.

This defense is going to have real tough time containing other teams F's in our own zone!

This team again will struggle to score consistently after the top line and thus as in years past we will need to be very stingy in the goals against department.

Staal and girardi are a decent top pairing. Staal is a 1st pair guy on the defensive side of the puck. Most would agree Girardi is at best a 2nd pairing guy.

MDZ and Rozsival are a scary 2nd pairing. MDZ is awful in his own zone, at this point in his development he plays AHL calibre defense, he is a 3rd pairing guy who can run a PP. Rozsival is wildly inconsistent, especially when trying to do too much, which he will be forced to do next to MDZ.

Sauer, Gilroy, and Eminger, are a rookie, a 2nd year defensive liability, and a journeyman defensive liability respectively.

We have ,
1 borderline top pair D.
2 2nd/3rd pair D.
2 2nd year D who are among the worst Dmen in their own zone league wide.
1 rookie.
1 extra who is a defensive liability.

This to me reaks of a team that will need to outscore a lot of teams or rely way to heavily on all world goaltending to be considered a serious playoff contender.

All goes real well 7-8 spot.
Otherwise this is a bottom 5 team in the east.
I hope I'm proven wrong.
I had the Rangers as a bottom five team before the Frolov signing. Now, between Frolov and the development of Stepan, I can see them finishing as high as 6, (if everything goes right), and as low as 12. They'll chase a playoff spot, but, I'm not sure if they make it.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote