View Single Post
Old
05-03-2005, 12:25 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
and start populating it with younger guys. Some of the current squad should be on the NYR's squad, others can be retained at Hartford to add a veteran presence. But, roster spots need to open up. The organization needs to start rotating up its prospects, from Charlotte to Hartford to NY.

Balej I think was one of those players who was harmed by the lockout. He had nothing left to prove at the AHL level. He needed to move on. On a positive side, I think he has become a more rounded player and that should help him at the NHL level. Funny that you mentioned two players, Balej and Wiseman who had Moore as their Center, no? His up and down year I am sure helped to contribute to both of those players inconsistent play. Moore to me is a Mactavish type player. To have a higher expectation I think is unrealistic. Wiseman, like Giroux, suffers from inconsistent play. Giroux has seemed to learn the need to play hard shift after shift and carry into the next game. Consistency is a big thing. I think people, fans, mistake what McGill says. He knows that players have to play at their A game all the time. You have to make your A game your normal game.

that I agree that Balej had nothing left to prove on the AHL level after a medicore first year and a decent 2nd year.

Bear in mind that he played on one of the top teams in the AHL while with Hamilton both years there.

I don't think that Balej did anything in the minors to prove that he was NHL ready.

Rather I just think that the reason he was going to get such a legit shot at the Pro Squad was due to our lack of scoring wingers.

Belaj is a player that needed to play as sound defensively as he did this year in ADDITION to posting 25+ goals and 25+ assists.

He didn't do that for whatever reason. Maybe some of it was coaching, or the mandate to be more mindful of playing within a strict defensive system. He still should have emerged as one of our top players which he didn't do.

For me, when the league starts again, he along with Lundmark would find themselves back in Hartford looking to earn a spot with the Rangers.