View Single Post
Old
10-04-2003, 06:34 PM
Laperriere22*

vCash: 500
Chicago vs. Dallas 10/4

I know the Stars lineup is essentially set outside of Daley/Erskine, but after watching the game tonight, the choice should clearly be Daley. Erskine's physical play isn't all that consistent nor is he all that reliable defensively. Daley is Zubov-lite. Very smooth and has great vision and sense. I don't recall a single poor play by Daley tonight and I tend to harp on the negatives of every player, but Daley gave me nothing to criticize. He is absolutely ready for NHL duty IMO and it would be a shame if Erskine gets selected over him. I've seen Erskine over the years and in two preseason games this season and he has done nothing to indicate he's ready to be a NHL player. All I know is that if Daley gets cut, then it had nothing to do with his play compared to Erskine. Tippett doesn't even have the confidence in Erskine to play him all that often or so it seems during the two games I've seen him in so far. Just wanted to vent on this a little; I know it's been talked about before, but tonight was the first time I'd seen Daley play and he was fabulous while Erskine was exceedingly mediocre (again).

Edit: Also, Morrow took a shot off the outside of his left ankle on the opening shift of the game and didn't return. I've got a sneaking suspicion he might have broken it, but I do hope it's just a bruise or something instead. Just thought I'd pass it on.