View Single Post
Old
10-07-2010, 09:05 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear reactor View Post
Who should Carter be traded for? A defenseman to fill our gap on the blueline or a young stud goaltender? Guess not - hey maybe we can flip Carter for a forward who scores goals!!!!!
Because it's not like the guy has averaged 36 goals per year the last 3 years or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedifr
My problem is absolutely with Homer. And Carter doesnt just have holes in his game....he really only has a great shot and thats it. He has size that he doesnt use, and speed that he barely uses....When he gets the puck he just takes it to the net and shoots. He is terrible....

And he doesnt fit with these forwards. He needs north/south wingers that dont care about touching the puck....we have only one of those guys on this team that is in the top 9 (hartnell) Should have moved him instead of Gagne. With two very good offensive lines in Briere and Giroux, Richards/Gagne could have been our shut-down third line with lots of special team play.....and we would have gotten much more for him than Matt ****ing Walker
Not even close.

1) If you go back to 08-09 (when Carter actually played on a decent line), Carter led the team in ES assists. So there's all this crap about him being a terrible playmaker when he put up the most ES assists on the team in 08-09 and had more ES assists last year than Richards? Okay.

2) Carter is the ONLY person on our team who can even come close to taking a competent FO. Pens were above 60% on FOs tonight.

3) Carter is very good defensively. Not quite Richards-good, but very, very good.

4) I agree to a point about the linemates, but last year he was saddled with a player playing like total ass and Briere (who requires a lot of ES carrying). Put him on a decent line and see what happens.

I mean, this hate is ridiculous, as I just mentioned, he's averaged 36 goals the last 3 years, I'd bet there's less than 10 guys in the league that have done that.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote