Thread: Grenier
View Single Post
Old
10-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead17
I'd like them to get Struds back...he was more useful than any of the fans gave him credit for, a major unsung hero and a popular player. However, I've been standing by Brad May all day long. He's more then capable of carrying the enforcer title for Vancouver, especially given the fact that the days of the part-time enforcer who plays 5 minutes a night are coming to an end. These days you have to be useful in other categories aside from fisticuffs--like May, Laraque, Roy, Brashear, and Domi to name a few. Brad May can hold his own and win fights and hold other teams accountable. I'm not at all worried about our enforcer situation.

~Canucklehead~
Agreed 100%. The Canucks can't afford to utilize a roster spot on a guy that can only be counted on to be an enforcer. May was brought in because he provides toughness and can play a regular shift and around 10 min/game in all situations. He's not as good of a fighter as Langdon, but he's a lot more useful for the Canucks. The Red Wings have been using a similar player in McCarty as their "enforcer" and have been fine. If the Canucks need some added muscle, I Grenier can be brought up and the Canucks can us an 11F, 7D system like KillerWhale mentioned.