View Single Post
Old
10-07-2010, 11:49 PM
vecens24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
First, your coach has a Cup... I understand the claim that he has hired a bunch of Yes Men to be his assistants, however.

Second, we think he should be more vulnerable up top due to his style but the sample size isn't all that big. And it is also an issue that our goalie coach will correct. Bob hasn't had a great deal of time working with a well-trained NHL-level goalie coach. He relies on his athleticism more than anything right now.
At the same time, I feel like there's a good chance that this habit isn't correctable within a season. It may be, it may not be, but that's just my opinion based off of past goalies and their habits. It will definitely be corrected within the next two seasons though. I think it's like the Carey Price situation. Price is an absurdly athletic goalie but just relies on his instincts to stop goals and that's why he's good but not consistent. Bobrovsky has potential to be the same way. Within the next two seasons though, if tonight's game is any indication, Bobrovsky is gonna be a monster

Our coach having a Cup has nothing to do with him I feel like honestly...the way Malkin was playing that playoffs, there was no team that was going to be able to stop him. And as soon as Bylsma realized using the Staal line to stop the Datsyuk line in Game 4 (and yes, it really did take him til Game 4 to realize he should play Staal against Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and that was when they played together over half the time), they started winning. Honestly...I like to assume that my coach knows more about hockey than I do. With Laviolette, I don't feel remotely close to that. With Bylsma, he's never proved anything otherwise, even with his Cup.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote