View Single Post
Old
10-08-2010, 11:38 AM
MarkMM

vCash: 500
I agree that SK and SOB don't fit the Preds mentality, but I'm much less worried about SK. He's a high-skill, low salary guy, who's on his second chance. Everyone deserves a second chance, and when you've got so little to lose, with SK signing a very favorable contract, coming to camp with a great attitude and work ethic, all signs point to happy times.

SOB is on his FOURTH chance, the first three ending badly, he's a relatively high salary for where he's playing (I mean this both as a team with a tight budget and the strong possibility he may be a #5 player), and unhappy or not with the Canucks, did he really need to spout his mouth off? Granted, he said nice things about management and players, he just specifically went after the coach, but I'd imagine many players have issues with the coaching staff, but have the maturity, professionalism and class to handle it quietly (Dumont being one that jumps to mind).

But if there is a coach I would put faith in turning SOB into a gem, it'd be Trotz.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote