View Single Post
Old
10-08-2010, 05:11 PM
CoolburnIsGone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
does that really fit in with tallon's stated plan? i don't think so. just does not seem to compute in terms of timing. i wouldn't mind a step up (if you're going to keep weiss and booth here, at their ages, you are going to have to push to at least take the next step and make the playoffs) but i think it's highly unlikely we get a big name.
I actually think its part of his plan though. He's said that he was starting at a better point in the building process than Chicago. And it only took 2 yrs before he was dipping into the free agent market IIRC (Campbell, right?). Its possible that if you cut a yr off that timeframe that he could be dipping into free agency next offseason.

But the guy that I think makes the most sense as a targeted player is David Backes right now. We're still weak on the RW and his size and style seem to be a perfect fit with the Tallon blueprint. Hopefully he could be signed for something like Weiss type money ($3.25M for 4 yrs sounds good to me) which wouldnt break the bank at all.