View Single Post
Old
10-09-2010, 12:12 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
While I am a big believer in JVR's potential, and been quite vocal about it.

20 games is useless for predicting much of anything... particularly the first 20 games of the year when the NHL as a whole is quite sloppy as far as the quality of play.
I never said that such a small sample size was intended to imply anything more than JVR certainly has the ability and skill to produce a significant amount at the NHL level.

Just because the numbers are out there compared to Ryan, it's not meant to imply that he will be a vastly superior player to Ryan, if he even ends up a better player.

That said, I wish you wouldn't misinterpret things and suggest that I'm saying something deeper than my original intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Even then, if you take out JVRs stats over the course of the whole season and compare him to the other rookies in the league, he did extremely well given his lack of ice time compared to others (especially on the PP).
Agreed. Some people forget that for a large chunk of the season, JVR was actually the rookie PPG leader, and he did it with very limited minutes, fairly limited linemates, and virtually no PP time.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote