View Single Post
Old
10-09-2010, 02:53 PM
vuvuzela

vCash: 500
I use Canadian Tire CCM ball hockey gear.

I bought my pads 6 years ago for $99 (regular $150) and I love them. I've used ice hockey pads in goal before and prefer using pads made for ball hockey due to the weight and mobility.

The blocker and catcher were bought for $45 each and are solid enough to protect you and are super light.

The guy who mentioned a lighter chest protector is right as well. I made a modified chest protector using a player chest protector with arm protection sewn on.

No matter what you choose, I recommend you pick up a couple rolls of duct tape for protection.

When I bought my gear new, I covered all the main contact points in a layer of duct tape. Any time it wears down I cover it up and every 3 or 4 months I pull off all the old stuff and replace it with fresh stuff.

I just fixed up a friend's gear (road hockey pads and ice hockey blocker/catcher), here's how it turned out:

For me, the most important parts to protect are the front edges of the blocker, all the edges of the glove (basically any part the touches the ground when you scramble to cover the ball), the toe area and knee area of the pads. I also cover most of the inside area and a lot of the outside area of the pads and try to cover any part of the glove that has laces holding it together.

vuvuzela is offline   Reply With Quote