View Single Post
Old
10-09-2010, 10:19 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
I agree about everything except the bold part from tonight's game. They had quite a few chances, including two 2-on-1s.
I'm not totally inclined to think of those rushes as demonstrations of chemistry. I mean, a d-man passes the puck to them or one of them wins a race to it, the other one skates up and joins the rush...

I mean, it's just not working. Right now, we have 3 lines none of whom is really creating pressure in the offensive zone unless JVR is involved. Seriously, can anyone think of good shifts we had where JVR wasn't on the ice? And I'm not just saying that to laud JVR, I'm saying, something obviously isn't working for everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
For 4M I kind of think we should get a guy we don't have to "worry" about... and he definitely seems like someone you have to worry about. Too early, given that our pairings are all messy... and I like his shot, but given that some very good D went for that price tag or only a bit more...
Yeah, it's a fair comment.

I mean, right now we're paying significant money to 3 guys (Mez, Carle, Coburn) who all come with a certain "oh ****" factor. Of those guys, I'd characterize Carle as the most reliable and that's not really saying a ton considering he ****s up fairly routinely.

When you think that we could have dealt Coburn/Carle, kept our 2nd, and thrown 5 mill at Paul Martin....

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote