Old
10-09-2010, 11:38 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1298
Post-game quotes:

BOUCHER:
"We have to be happy about that. Our first two periods tonight weren't as good as we wanted, but I thought we played well in the third. We had a great chance in overtime, and Danny B. hit the crossbar or it could have been two points. We can't be too disappointed about that."

BOUCHER:
“A lot of penalties and not full power plays either where halfway through the power play there be a penalty,” he said. “It was a weird game. The ice toward the latter half of periods got choppy and I think it was hard for guys to make plays. There were some breakdowns, but a lot of had to do with the ice, to be honest. And they came out hard. They’re a young group, energetic, their home opener, a new goalie. Everyone starts with great enthusiasm at the start and they certainly came out with it. I thought we played a good third period.”

LAVIOLETTE:
"Too many penalties . . . but I thought we played our best as the game wore on. The deeper the game got, the more we took control of it."

LAVIOLETTE:
“We were trying to swing with them and on the short side of it for the first half of the game. Then I thought we came in started to do what we wanted to do in the offensive zone in the third period.”

BRIERE:
“I thought the second half of the game, we played much better. I guess the positive is we get a point out of it off a tough game on the road.”

BRIERE ON THE NON-CALL:
“I didn’t get hurt, but it was just a little frustrating they were calling us for everything we did and he could have had two penalties on that play and he pushed me in the net.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote