Thread: Post Game Talk: New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres
View Single Post
Old
10-10-2010, 01:58 PM
Black Tank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by morffin View Post
Rangers fans reflex is to hate anything and everything this org does....most fans dont seem to get it that this org turned a corner a few years ago and has started to do things the right way. A good friend of mine...an old time Ranger fan from the Old Garden lives in Madison and has been raving about Stepan for a couple of years now...I saw him play live a few times myself in college and have been excited as hell with him...been jokingly saying......Captain Derek Stepan Come get the Stanley Cup for a couple of years now.

How about putting Drury on the 4rth line and PK .... might not be the most respectful thing to do to a Capt but that is where he fits in best.
The internet hasn't helped - every clown has a draft blog and people seem to fall in love with a potential pick based on nothing more than web reports without ever having seen anybody play. When the Rangers staff pick a guy like Stepan, Kreider or McIlrath who they clearly believe can be successful in NY, the fans go crazy and moan about the guy they wanted b/c he had a cool Russian name and Pierre Mcguire () thought would be good.

I just roll with it and trust this scouting staff at this point.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote