Thread: CSN Philly Flyers' Rebuilt Defense
View Single Post
Old
10-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairGM View Post
Am I the only one who's excited about this defense? I think they've looked pretty good so far. I don't think there's anyone who I could say is playing poorly. Many of the mistakes they are making are the kinds of things that can be hammered out as the season progresses. As far as Meszaros goes, its been 2 games. I thought he's looked fine. He's a little slow, but he's made some nice outlet passes, including a great one to JVR last night, and has shown some ability to get the puck on net. I also think O'donnell has looked pretty good as well. Bartulis is clearly better then last year and is playing pretty well for his role.

Yes, if you expected Meszaros to come in and play as our third best defensemen, you are probably pretty disappointed. But if you expected him to be on par with Coburn and Carle, I would think you would be pretty excited. Meszaros is also only going to get better as the season progresses when his confidence returns.

Keep in mind a lot of these guys aren't use to playing with each other, so once Pronger returns everything will fall into place.
Pretty disappointed at this group of d-men, especially knowing that it cost us Gagne.

Even if Meszaros plays up to the level of Carle or Coburn, it still makes zero sense whatsoever to have a guy like that making 4 mil on your bottom pairing while dishing out a 2nd (and, essentially, Gagne) for him. That's only if he manages to play up to that level too.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote