Thread: Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres
View Single Post
Old
10-11-2010, 01:44 AM
ohbaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
75% of your games being wins get you 123 points. That's more than any team had last year (Washington had 121 points).

66% of your games being wins gets you 109 points, which only 3 teams surpassed last year (Washington, SJ, and Chicago).

I wouldn't count on coming close to either of those benchmarks.
I know, it's way out there, but I really think we might fight for the presidents trophy. But before I give you my reasons, I know Buffalo did not play well infront of Miller. Infact they were horrible at times. Plus they were playing the second game of a back to back. But even if Buffalo played well, you could hardly make any assessment based on one game.

My thinking is it was probably best we missed the playoffs last year. And to see Philly who beat us go to the finals even made it better. We were the best team in the NHL the last month of the season. Maybe 2nd to Detroit, not sure,... Point is, this team came together in that span, and obviously were kicking themselves to get back on the ice and make amends for falling short last year. People have noticed a swagger in their play in the preseason for good reason, They Know There A Good Team. They might have gotten a little complacent last year, thinking they could make the playoffs with a strong late run, just like the previous 3 years. But I believe last year will serve as a wake up call,.. and they will prove they're a good team, deserving of a playoff spot. And not by sweaking into the 7th or 8th spot,.. the last week of the season. They want a division title and more.

Last edited by ohbaby: 10-11-2010 at 01:54 AM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote