Old
10-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
I still don't understand why some people are so willing to give up on Rita after a grand total of what... 15 NHL games? Forget training camp - I want to see how he does on the Oilers, and he's not being given that chance.

I'll be ready to declare him a bust when he's turned 25, played a gazillion years with the team, has done nothing, is finally bought out, and signs with Phoenix for a third of what he was making here.

But really... who did we expect him to beat out? Smyth? Isbister? Moreau? Torres? It wasn't going to happen.

But I very much expect to see him up again during the year, provided Lowe doesn't make a tremendous mistake by shipping him off for nothing.
The team is going to go through injuries. We remember how many injuries the team had last season. Rita will most likely be the first callup when the team runs into injury.