View Single Post
Old
05-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Mike18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
If it's conjecture to say that there was a market, it's just as much conjecture to say that there was not.

Why should Sather get the benefit of the doubt? You don't let someone wreck a car and then heap praise on them when they fix the radio.
First, NYRangers first said that there was "not a big market for Leetch". You responded by saying, "Who says there was no market for him. It was rumored that the Leafs, Stars and Flyers were interested in him. Hence, there was a market."
So nobody said there was no market, and you having heard that the Leafs, Stars and Flyers were interested hardly constitutes a "big market", so I can't help but think that you've only proven the point you were trying to oppose.

As for Sather, you've again minced the original words. I never said he should get the benefit of the doubt. What I did say is that his moves should be judged individually. If you hate the moves he made a the deadline last year, hate them because you think those moves were bad - not because you see that other trades may not have worked out and you assume that all future deals will have the same fate. Again, your response to that point only proves that your opinion is biased.