View Single Post
Old
10-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Jori

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs1dacup
thats EXACTLY what i've been saying. if aubin isn't taken, they can send mccormick down where he belongs ALONG with smith and scratch aubin all they want. svatos has earned his spot on this team and i beleive liles has as well, despite the last 2 games. without aubin, the avs now are going to have to sit mccormick a bunch which will just screw up his development. the kid isn't going to be a top liner, but he does have a pretty decent offensive upside along with decent defense and loves to crash and bang, none of which will be useful in the pressbox. it just screws mccormick out of a roster spot that he has seemed to earn. maybe they'll scratch worrell a bunch and mccormick will get a shot. who knows. i guess we'll see tomorrow who gets scratched.

You are under the assumption that McCormick will get benched alot and I don't see it the same way. I don't see Cummins and Worrell playing 82 games. If McCormick performs he will remain in the lineup. I don't see him as a top six forward, but I see him getting quality minutes if he remains with the team and performs.

I can see the Avs starting the season with both McCormick and Svatos, but I don't think it will be a permanent situation. Things have a way of changing very quickly.