View Single Post
Old
05-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
You might want to look up the definition of opinion.

1) I did not agree with trading Leetch in the first place.

2) If Leetch were to be traded, the return was not adequate IMO.

3) Furthermore, if Leetch was to be traded, Glen Sather should never have been the one to do it. I say this a number of reasons, not least his ability to evaluate talent.

4) I will assume that the prospects that Sather got are not good because he is a poor evaluator of talent. None of the guys he got back are "A" prospects. None of them are locks to play in the NHL.

Ask some of the regulars here (or at least those who have been here longer than you), I have been quite consistent in my feelings about this trade and about Sather in general.
I'll vouge for ya Singn'.

Saying that we need to base our opinions about Sather only on his currect achievment is thinking like a goldfish. He's driven this team into the ground and because he raked in some minor talent, we're supposed to hold hands and sing songs about him? Don't think so. They guys a smug lunatic and should have been out of the job a long time ago. Any reasonably well run company would have put this guy out on his cigar smoking rump a long time ago. He's going to have to work REALLY freakin' hard to win my favor.
Leetch was a good guy to have around. However, at 36 he was asked to do too much. He's not going to carry a team with awful goaltending, no defense, and moderate scoring capabilities. It was a broken machine and we can't fault Leetch because of it. The system should have ben dismantled and rebuilt 7-8 years ago. I mean, if it was a dog, we'd have put it to sleep already. I was saddened by Leetched departure, but the team is no better or worse without him. We added more kids to the talent pool and we'll just have to go from there.