View Single Post
Old
10-11-2010, 03:00 PM
MarkMM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Something that really impressed me was the after Getzlaf went after Suter and Weber stepped in, OB came on the ice during a line change and made a beeline for Getzlaf. Luckily, he realized we had a good scoring chance going, but he had already followed Getzlaf nearly to the high slot before backing off.

If you recall, that was the minute and a half of cycling relentlessly in the Ducks end. It was good to see OB willing to go take care of business and also that he had the discipline to stop when it was no longer the primary issue at hand.
That is a really good sign, I really like the guy and if this is an indicator that he's focusing on being smart with his toughness, then there's a glimmer of excitement happening.

Regarding climbing from 5/6 to 4, I think most in Vancouver will tell you that he has the skillset to be a #4, it has always been a lack of consistency. When we had the injury bug, he did the #4 job without hiccup for a while, then he just seems to lose focus and discipline. Physically and mentally, he's long proven he's got what it takes but you almost need to baby-sit him, if you back off a bit, he falls apart.

He's in a contract year, on a team with a proven ability to mould defensemen, and has his much wished for opportunity to be a core defenseman with plenty of ice-time and offensive opportunities. If ever he was going to make it happen it'll be in Nashville, and I hope for both his and your sake it's true.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote