View Single Post
Old
10-04-2003, 10:11 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
if stumpel is a replacement for smoke, a replacement, btw, i think is way better than the original, than we did "techincally" add a defender in Gleason. just becasue you don't think he's "proven" doens't mean he can't do the job. to tell u the truth, i thought he needed another year or two in manchester when i saw him in camp, but it seems as though he seems to be holding his own in the nHL.

not to mention one more thing, grebs may have been put down into manchester, but he will easily be one of the first ot pull up if there is any doubt in our current defenders. once grebs heals from his injury, he will probably challenge for a spot and win. the guy is solid, moreso than gleason. this much i have faith in.

edit: reading back a few posts, i dont know why u all like schneider so much. sure he was a GREAT powerplay QB, but defensively, he was a liability. he was never a great defensement and i was never comfortable with him in the back. now i'm not sayijng it will come true, but grebs has a potential to fill that schneider void. his shot is sniper and his pass is second to none. given a few years, he will be real good. so why trade for something we can get in a few years through our own system. plus, these kids need playing time, unproven or not, they need to start somewhere.