Thread: Sulzer sucks
View Single Post
Old
10-11-2010, 07:21 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
I think that Blum should be the first call-up if someone goes down, if not Josi, but then right back to Milwaukee when injured player comes back, unless they are playing like Bobby Orr! lol,

As far as the 7th d-man, I think Laakso is better suited for that then Sulzer, I am just saying that it sucks that Sulzer is it because of salary reasons...
FWIW - Laakso made the team last year and got sent down after 7 games. IMHO - he was out-played by every one of the usual suspects, including Sulzer, during the pre-season scrimmages and games I saw.

It makes No Sense to bring up any of the kids we think can still develop and let them sit as 7th man, unless they are considerably better than Sulzer and have a chance to take ice time from one of the current top 6. Johnson and Laakso both have 2-way contracts - so even if we don't think they have a chance to develop further it still makes no sense to have either of them on the roster in Sulzer's place. Laakso was walking a thin-line when we got Parent, and when we re-signed Franson there was no chance he was making this team this year.

Laakso may indeed by our 7th man next year, if we re-sign him, assuming Blum and company continue to progress as they are. Right now, he's 22 years old, and the best place for him is playing regular minutes and hoping to develop his game further. In that respect Sulzer kinda' screwed himself with that one-way contract - he's not gonna' play much this year and he's not getting regular minutes.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote