View Single Post
Old
10-11-2010, 07:32 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
These are probably the types of moves we would have seen a couple of seasons ago. The sale and subsequent roster depletion took away a lot of Poile could have done. Time will tell if the events in the summer of 2007 turned into a blessing.
From an on-ice standpoint, I don't think those events will ever be a blessing, but I do think they will turn out to be an irrelevant bump-in-the-road. At most, they cost us the potential to win a playoff series the next year. Off-ice, I think we're already seeing the benefits of both a locally owned team and an ownership group that actually knows something about running a business.

But agree with the assessment of Poile's moves - continuing to shrewdly manage the budget and now taking a few more calculated chances around the core of the team. Compared to last year we have considerably more upside, have a contingency in place if any of those "risks" blow up that should leave us no worse than where we were last year, and really only have the question of replacing Arnott's scoring, which was not that of a 30 goal guy, but a 20 goal guy.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote