View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 02:29 AM
Proffessor G DIDDY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs

Yeah, lets make a short list..

Heatley.. Thornton, Samsonov..Iginala,Hejduk..Gaborik, Kovalchuk, Richards, Hossa, Gagne, Lecavallier .. etc etc etc...

They all suck. I can see how Gomez would top your list. There is absolutely no talent since Mogilny and Selanne made the leap to the NHL.

If Gomez would have been at the AllStar Game last year, he would have smashed Heatley's goal total.

All the above players have not panned out at all. They could only wish to have the skills Scotty Gomez does. Matter of fact, they should change the name of the Maurice Richard trophy, to the Scotty Gomez.

All hail Gomez.
I have to admit the quality of performance from top rookies have declined, a lot of those players are in the 3rd season and above and now they start to put up points. Where as guys like Selanne, Mogilny etc put up 70 points in their debut season. The main reason is referee's and the NHL not allowing forechecking.

But I think over the next 2 drafts, guys like Ovechkin, Crosby, Wolski, Fluery, Coburn, Malkin, Schremp etc will have an rookie huge impact.